Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Overdue for an Update

Wow, you guys. It's been such a long time since my last post! I promise I'm still around and doing my thing, but things have been crazy over the past few months! Here's what's been happening...


I've crossed quite a lot more off my 101 in 1001 list! I realized yesterday that I had completed one of them, so I went to update my blog and realized I had crossed off quite a few things! Here they are...

62. Take a nice new family portrait.
Check!


Hooray! We took this one for X-Mas cards. Turned out pretty cute! And my little ones sure have grown, haven't they? I'm a proud mommy.

68. Plan our 1st family vacation.
Check!


This is beautiful Waikiki Beach in Oahu, Hawaii. It's where we will be spending a week in July. We have lots of fun stuff planned! Attending an authentic luau, taking our kids to the zoo and an aquarium, visiting the Dole plantation, and so much more. Not to mention the fact that it will be the very first plane ride for both the kids AND and the hubby! Yeah, it's going to be great. We are stoked.

37. Make a new friend.
Check!


See that nice lady in the middle there with the party hat? That's Alisa. See the two cute little boys on the bottom left? That's Vincent and his new best friend Kadon from pre-school. Alisa is Kadon's mom, and through their friendship I finally made a new friend here in St. George. She's been awesome, she always goes out of her way to help me out and is just kind in general. I know I seem outgoing and cheerful on the blog (because that's who I am on the inside!), but in reality I am a very introspective, shy, awkward person around new people and that has always made it difficult for me to make friends. That's what makes me so much more grateful for her friendship!

Here are some other ones that i completed that don't have fun pictures to go along with them....
7. Organize photos on computer. Seriously.
60. Unpack all boxes from moving.
64. Buy a new vacuum. (Technically we didn't BUY a new one, we got one as a gift. But it still counts because it actually WORKS and I love it!)
65. Go on a family picnic.
87. Vote in an election and actually KNOW who I am voting for and why. (I followed the last presidential election very closely and ended up voting for Obama. I don't like to discuss politics with people I love - like you guys <3 - so I won't go into detail, but I just have one word for you.... Equality.)
89. Donate to a charity. (My cousin runs a 5k like once a week I swear, and she is always raising money for charities so I donated finally. It went towards a pet rescue.)
90. Donate blood twice. (actually I have donated 3 times and am planning on continuing every 8 weeks!)

Well I guess that's it. Sorry I have been absent for so long. I will definitely try to update more often. Thanks for all your support!

~*~Gela~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment